Opiates are a class of drugs that encompasses heroin, oxycodone (OxyContin), morphine, codeine, hydrocodone (Vicodin), and fentanyl. They are often prescribed to treat pain after surgery or injury.
Opioid addiction is a complex issue. There are numerous reasons why many people develop a dependency on them. Some people take them because they believe they are harmless. Others abuse them because they want to get high. Still, others take them because their doctor prescribes them.
Baking soda has long been known to be a safe and natural way to purify the body. It has properties to clean your system of opiates. There’s no doubt that the substance works wonders in cleaning out the digestive tract.
Side Effects of Consuming Opiates
The most common side effects attached to opioid use include-
- dry mouth
- Sweating, itching, blurred vision, and weakness
- Slurred speech, difficulty breathing, confusion, seizures, hallucinations, and depression.
Does Baking Soda Help You in Getting Rid of Opiate Addiction?
Opiates are highly addictive drugs prescribed for pain relief. However, they can also cause dependency or dependence. If you’re addicted to opioids, you should consider using baking soda as a natural treatment. Some experts say it has helped treat opioid addictions.
Even though most doctors recommend against self-medicating with over-the-counter remedies, baking soda is known to help relieve the symptoms associated with opioid withdrawal. Baking soda can ease side effects such as nausea, vomiting, cramping, constipation, and diarrhea. It may also reduce cravings for opiates.
However, it is essential to consider that baking soda is not a permanent cure for opioid addiction. However, it does provide temporary relief from withdrawal symptoms. When taken in conjunction with other treatments, it can help addicts maintain sobriety.
How Does The Baking Soda Formula Work?
A combination of bleach, water, and baking soda is used to make baking soda bombs. People who are hooked on methamphetamine are taking this deadly mixture to pass a drug test. They assume that the main ingredient in baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, will disguise the existence of methamphetamine in their urine.
However, while a modest quantity of baking soda might help with dyspepsia, there is no evidence that it would mask the presence of methamphetamine in the preliminary drug test.
When you mix it with bleach, you’re putting your health in danger. Individuals using this strategy despite the numerous hazards indicate the seriousness of addiction and the degree to which individuals will go to hide it.
It works by neutralizing toxins in the body. The process begins when sodium bicarbonate reacts with acidic substances present in the stomach. As a result, the pH level of the stomach increases, thereby reducing acidity. This helps prevent ulcers and gastritis.
- It relieves inflammation and swelling. When ingested orally, sodium bicarbonate reduces swelling caused by arthritis, gout, and rheumatism. It also eliminates free radicals, which are harmful chemicals that damage cells.
- It treats constipation. When consumed regularly, sodium bicarbonates help increase bowel movements. It has been shown to be highly effective in treating chronic constipation.
- It detoxifies the liver. Consuming baking soda daily can cleanse the liver and eliminate toxins stored in fat cells. This prevents fatty buildup in the liver.
- It boosts energy levels. A study conducted at the University of California found that taking baking soda daily improved overall mood and energy levels.
- It eases indigestion. Sodium bicarbonate improves digestion by increasing saliva production. Saliva contains enzymes that break down food while preventing the formation of gas.
- It fights bacteria. Sodium bicarbonates kill off harmful bacteria in the gut and boost immunity.
- It cleanses the skin. Many people use baking soda on their faces to remove makeup. It also removes oiliness and excess dirt.
Frequently Added Questions
- Give some instances of opiates?
Heroin, codeine, morphine, hydromorphone, meperidine, oxycodone, diphenoxylate, propoxyphene, etc., are some of the instances of opioids and artificial opiates. Each one has a different level of potency and capacity to attach to the brain.
- What can I use instead of baking soda to get rid of opiate dependency?
Numerous alternatives are available as a substitute for baking soda that can help treat opioid abuse. You can try consuming apple cider vinegar (ACV) – ACV is well-known for its ability to relieve nausea.
Combine a half cup of apple juice and one teaspoon of raw honey and ACV. Stir well before swallowing. Repeat this treatment until you feel better.
The Concluding Thought
There is no evidence claiming bombs of baking soda are efficient at flushing drugs from the systems of the body, and a urine sample’s pH may be used to identify the existence of the alkaline additives such as baking soda. According to medical professionals, Baking soda bombs are hazardous and potentially deadly.
They create several adverse side effects – stomach ache, cramps, diarrhea, and so on – which might warn the screening collector, employer, or probation/court officer that anything is wrong.